In the last 48 hours the following has happened in my blogging world
- I've been part of a fascinating discussion on a cutting-edge topic in contemporary theology. And little old me got to sit at the table along with PhD specialists and theological educators in the field. Great fun.
- I've been able to help someone via email as they make their journey into Christian faith.
- I've been able to share ministry resources with people that first appeared on the blog.
- I've read wonderfully heartwarming things and been gobsmacked by extremely insightful comments.
- People I know have been able to contact me by searching me online.
- People I don't know but who share common interests have come across me and we've corresponded.
- Discussions about seemingly disparate topics on different blogs have converged around common themes, giving added insight.
- Via email I've learnt about another blogger's background and Christian story - very encouraging.
- Commenters have helpfully pointed out where my tone has been unhelpful and obscuring.
- Maybe best of all, when a comment crossed the line there was repentance and reconciliation (as opposed to nastiness and retaliation). More of that please.